Sunday, August 11, 2013

This Moment

Let me just say life has NOT been awesome lately.   I'm tired of the daily fight and struggles with my own personal demons, health issues, homeowner trials and financial woes.  Add to all of that the burden of trying to lose 190 lbs and it all seems unbearable at times.  

I've trained hard for a Triathlon that I had to pull out of for health reasons, my weight loss has stalled, and I'm training for a 1/2 Marathon and can't seem to get past that mile mark.  

So.  Tired.  Of.  Fighting.

I asked myself:  What's the point?  I didn't ask for this special bag burdens and trials.  Can't I just lay them down and walk away?  Check out of this crazy race?

I know in my gut I can't.  Sure, I could walk away and quit fighting.  I could lay this bag of burdens down on the side of the road and walk away but here's why I won't:

This moment:

 


Because of my babies and this man:




"Here's the thing, you try and you fail.  You try and you fail.  But you get up everyday and you try again for THIS moment.  This moment right here.  This is what you fight for.  And it doesn't happen often but when it does happen, it's magic!  
And it's worth it!"  Jillian Michaels

Stand up and keep going! I may be moving slowly and crying the whole way but I'll be right behind you ;)

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. I know I've said it before, but you are truly inspirational. I love the message here and how it can not only be applied to weight loss, but just about any other trials we might be going through. For example, right now I am really struggling with how to be a better mom to my oldest son who presents a LOT of challenging behaviors. I don't want to go back to the old strategies that I know weren't effective, but when we both get frustrated it's really hard! Some days I just want to throw all these peaceful parenting books at the wall! But I won't. Because of every positive moment that we got to smile and enjoy our time together as mother and son.

    Anyway, sorry for the long-winded response. Mostly, I just wanted to say, "Thank you." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Teresa. You are freaking awesome. You are where I would give my left arm to be! I still have a long ways to go, but I am Ms Positive! LOL. Keep your head up. I know (more or less) how you feel! Good luck for the rest of your fight. You are a inspiration!

    ReplyDelete