Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Gluten Free Cauliflower Crust!

I came upon a recipe similar to this and decided to modify it to be a little more simple and calorie conscious!
For those of you with gluten intolerance this is your new approved pizza crust!

Ingredients:
2 cups riced cauliflower
2 eggs
1 cup shredded mozzarella 
(processed cheese may contain gluten, buy the "real" stuff or use ricotta)
I added Italian seasoning and garlic salt to my dough

Start with a large head of cauliflower and "rice" it.  AKA shred it!
One head made about 6 cups for me and it only took a few minutes, I did not shred the stems.


Combine ingredients, divide in half and pat onto baking sheets.
Make sure you spray it down with nonstick spray.


Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes
It has a nice crispy crust and a spongy center.


Top with whatever toppings suit you, I used green peppers, mushrooms, spinach, 
chicken and just enough shredded cheese to hold it together.


Bake for another 7 minutes to melt it together


I was surprised by how delicious it was and how well it held together.

Total calories for each pizza crust = 255 calories!
My total calories the pizza with toppings = 330 calories!

I'm going to be brutally honest here, I don't have a gluten intolerance and I still prefer my "Pita Pizza" over this one.  The calorie for the crust was even less.  

However, IF I did have a gluten intolerance this would become my crust and happily!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment