Sunday, March 17, 2013

Healthy Monkey Cookie

2 frames of thought and I agree with both.

Want a real cookie, then eat a real cookie.
vs
Want a real cookie, try a healthier version.

TODAY it's about the healthier version.
I found this one at http://onceamonthmom.com
I'm also going to show you how to calculate the calories in your own recipes.

Don't they look delicious?!


Ingredients
3 medium bananas
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
1/4 cup cocoa
1/3 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla

I have a marker board and as I put the ingredients into the mixing bowl I write down the calories.
Grand total for the entire batch is 1470 calories.



Mix it all up and let set for a few minutes.


I don't believe in tiny cookies or mini cupcakes so I made them
"Teresa Size"

Got 23 out of the batch.
Simple math here: 1470/23 = 64 calories each.


Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.  
They won't spread out so you can put them pretty close together.

Not bad when you need a low calorie fix.
Just don't expect them to taste like a cookie made with sugar and butter, ok?


No comments:

Post a Comment