Sunday, April 21, 2013

Crustless Pumpkin Pie


Because I love all things pumpkin
and I have another 50 lbs to lose 
I literally gasped out loud when I found this recipe:

(her pics are way nicer than mine)

I tweeked it a bit and measured out everything exactly.
Here's my version.

It's a bit more like a baked custard than a pie and while I do miss the crust 
(because it's the best part right?!) 
it was HEAVENLY!!!  

AND because I'm a bit of a glutton I loved that I could eat a TON of it.
In fact, it was my entire dinner tonight.

Jealous huh?!

I will give you 2 options:
simple or super simple

15 oz can Pumpkin Pie mix 
(pre flavored and a bit sweetened) = 450 calories
OR
15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
(you season it yourself with your favorite mix of ginger, cloves, and nutmeg) = 135 calories

1/3 cup white flour = 160 calories
1/3 cup Xylitol = 155 calories (or brown sugar)
1 Tbsp ground flax = 30 calories (or cornstarch)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups skim milk = 180 calories
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 Stevia (Truvia) packets (or 2 Tbsp brown sugar)

Honestly I dumped in the ingredients into my mixer and just turned it on.
No separating or extra bowls, just the lazy way ;)

Use a deep pie pan, this does bubble up and mine overflowed into the oven.
Next time I'll place a cookie sheet under them.

Spray pan with whatever nonstick spray you use and
bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.


It will be bubbly right out of the oven but trust the process!


Once cooled, place in the fridge for a couple hours before digging in.
I top mine with Light Cool Whip!

Total calories per PIE = 975 calories (Pumpkin Pie Mix)
or 660 calories (Pumpkin Puree)

1 slice (1/8th of a pie) = 
121 calories ((Pumpkin Pie Mix)
82 calories (Pumpkin Puree)


FYI you can eat 1/2 of this pie for the same calories
 as 1 slice of normal pumpkin pie.

My kids loved this and begged for more after one bite.

Enjoy!

Teresa



No comments:

Post a Comment