Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Nachos!!!

I love Nachos but they are a bit tricky if you're trying to count calories.
Tip #1:  Measure everything and make 1 plate for yourself.
Tip #2: Think Veggies and Salsa.  They are super low in calories
Tip #3 Swap Mexican cheese for Mozzarella and Sour cream for the fat free stuff 
and use only lean beef or chicken

You can't eat off a huge platter with others and if you don't measure and keep track of what you're piling on it's easy to overload on the calories.

I like to make my own tortilla chips because I get a ton more than if I use the bagged stuff.
I take 2 low fat flour tortillas and cut them into triangles, sprinkle with salt and paprika.
Bake at 400 F for 3 minutes then turn and leave in for another 3 minutes.


Flour tortilla chips on left
Bagged corn chips on right. 
Same calorie amounts!


I carefully measure and pile on the ingredients, 
then place the whole plate in the oven at 400 F for 10 minutes


2 Flour tortillas = 180 cals
1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese = 80 cals
1/4 cup refried beans = 60
1/4 cup black beans = 50
Lean Beef 1/4 lb = 180 cals
Fat Free Sour Cream = 20 cals
Salsa 4 Tbsp  = 20 cals

Grand Total for my amazing and filling dinner!
590 calories!!!!

(You will notice a lack in veggies . . . I'm not a fan of them.  
If you add more veggies you can get away with less of the bulk items.)



No comments:

Post a Comment