Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Baked Apples

Super quick and easy recipe here!  
I make this several times a week for breakfast, as a side dish or if I want something sweet.  
"Baked" apples in the microwave!


1 medium apple 95 cals
1/4 cup light granola or rolled oats 70 cals
1/4 tsp corn starch (optional)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
dash ginger (optional)
1 packet Truvia (or other sweetener, optional)
1 quart ziplock bag


Cut up the apple and shake it all up!


Leave the top open just a bit to vent, then microwave standing up for 2 mins!
Instant deliciousness!
Total cals = 165!


Yummy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a lighter dessert ;)

I also take this to work.  I cut up the apple and store it in the ziplock bag, then I put the rest of the ingredients in another bag.  
When it's lunch time at work, I mix it up and microwave it right there.
The heavenly smell usually brings people into the break room to see what's up.
WARNING:  You may have to share ;)

Teresa



No comments:

Post a Comment